The city councils of Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls, along with Flathead County Commissioners meet tonight at Columbia Falls City Hall at 7 p.m. for a joint work session to discuss issues facing the entire valley. No votes are allowed. Items up for discussion include:
– Ed Heger, a North Fork landowner and member of the Flathead Basin Commission, is seeking support from local governments to oppose coal mining and coalbed methane exploration in the Canadian Flathead.
– Highway corridors and benefits to the longterm health of traffic flow with frontage roads and limiting access points.
– Asking Montana’s congressional delegation to implement a sensible solution to managing our forests.
– A report on the work of the county’s Long Range Planning Task Force
– The donated land for Habitat for Humanity and the new park in Columbia Falls
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.