Police Blotter: Deer, Beer and an AK-47

By Beacon Staff

The Kalispell Police and Flathead County Sheriff’s reports for Wednesday included the following:

10:01 a.m. An invader with looting on their mind attempted to jimmy the lock of a liquor store in Bigfork.

11:16 a.m. A Kalispell resident stopped into the Sheriff’s office because they saw a dump truck littering.

12:54 p.m. A woman on Big Mountain called in to report that her television is missing. She thinks her friends probably stole it from her.

2:46 p.m. A man walked into the airport and requested to use a wheel chair. He received the chair, used it and when he was done he loaded it up into his truck and drove it to Browning. Airport employees contacted him and asked him to either return it or be charged for his thievery. The man claimed he “needed it,” but decided it was in his best interest to return it.

3:50 p.m. A TV and other electrical appliances were taken from a home with unlocked doors on Shelter Valley Drive.

4:17 p.m. Someone called in because they saw an unfamiliar man walking door to door. He had heard the news of multiple robberies in the valley and thought it best to make deputies aware of the suspicious man.

4:46 p.m. An unreliable source called in to report that the entire side of a mountain was on fire. It wasn’t.

5:04 p.m. A resident in Whitefish called in because things were “exploding” in his garage. The Whitefish Fire Department responded and helped the resident with his smoking and combustible garage.

7:48 p.m. An elderly woman from Evergreen called the Sheriff’s Department because a vacuum cleaner salesman was far too pushy. She was encouraged to call the company to complain about the man.

11:55 p.m. A man brought his dead deer over to a friend’s house to show him the carcass. The two men began guzzling beer and talking about hunting and guns. The owner of the home then took his AK-47 off the wall. While showing his friend the powerful weapon, he accidentally shot him in the leg. The man was taken to the hospital and there are no hard feelings.

The departments responded to 163 calls for service.