Police Blotter: Motorcycles Stolen, Rowdy Hanukkah Celebration?

By Beacon Staff

The Flathead County Sheriff reports for Tuesday included the following:

1:21 a.m. An inmate in the detention center needed to be put into a padded cell after repeated run-ins with the wall.

9:04 a.m. A felon broke into the back door of Fast Toys in Kalispell and escaped with two motorcycles.

9:04 a.m. A resident on Conn Rd. in Columbia Falls called in to report a suspicious red and white truck that parks out on the road early in the mornings and in the evenings after dark. He said when the driver notices someone watching him he drives away. Deputies will be on the lookout for this suspicious vehicle.

9:38 a.m. The owner of a bar in Somers called in to report a woman who had written a check to herself from a closed account.

10:07 a.m. Rocks out by the Goat Lick on U.S. Highway 2 were blocking the west bound lane.

12:18 p.m. An eleven-year-old was taken from school to Kalispell Regional Medical Center with a swollen throat caused by an allergic reaction.

12:29 p.m. An Evergreen resident called in to say that he had just buried a dead dog he had found.

1:13 p.m. A Kila resident called in to report that the person living in the trailer behind her keeps stealing her gas and has damaged her tire.

2:11 p.m. When an employee at Pinkey’s Pitt Stop in Kalispell was fired, she ran off with all of her time cards.

7:09 p.m. Someone called in because they heard gunshots in the transient camp behind Shop-Ko. The gunshot noises were actually homeless people lighting off fireworks, most likely in celebration of the first day of Hanukkah.

7:23 p.m. A burglar crawled into the window of a Bigfork home and stole a locked box.

7:46 p.m. A lady at a store near the underpass in Kalispell thought someone had either thrown a rock or shot at her.

8:09 p.m. A man came in to the lobby of the Sheriff’s Department to explain that someone had shot out his back window.

9:37 p.m. Someone on Farm to Market Road in Kalispell called in to complain that there were people with flashlights in her yard.

9:38 p.m. A man called a woman to say that he was suicidal and he was going “to make it real easy for her.” He said he was out at the Hungry Horse reservoir. Deputies attempted to locate him, but were unsuccessful. He was found later at his home, alive.

11:31 p.m. Parents of a fifteen-year-old female called the Sheriff’s Department because she wouldn’t behave. Deputies responded and counseled both parties.

1:17 a.m. A drunken transient was seen staggering near the edge of a bridge.

2:41 a.m. A fire at the homeless camp behind Shop-Ko needed to be extinguished.

There were 17 calls regarding loose animals, horses, cows and transients.

The departments responded to 179 calls for service.