Heading into the final weekend of the regular season, we’re beginning to get a clearer picture of how the seeding for the Northwestern A divisional tournament will stack up. We won’t know everything, however, until Saturday’s games are wrapped up. For the boys, Whitefish is riding an 11-game win streak and is ranked No. 1 in the conference. The Bulldogs have a 13-4 (7-2) record with one home game remaining against Ronan on Thursday.
Columbia Falls has locked up the No. 1 seed at divisionals for the girls. The Wildkats beat Bigfork last night to improve to 8-1 in the conference and 10-7 overall. The ‘Kats have one game left at home against Ronan on Saturday.
The divisional tournament for both boys and girls will be held at Glacier High School on Feb. 26-28. The Northwestern A tournament has a history of being unpredictable and competitive. Judging by the regular season this year, the 2009 tourney should live up to its history.
Here’s a look at the conference standings going into the final three days of the regular season:
1. Whitefish: 13-4 overall, 7-2 conference
2. Libby: 12-5 overall, 6-3 conference
3. Polson: 8-8 overall, 5-4 conference
4. Ronan: 11-5 overall, 4-4 conference
5. Columbia Falls: 9-7 overall, 3-5 conference
6. Bigfork: 3-14 overall, 1-8 conference
1. Columbia Falls: 10-7 overall, 8-1 conference
2. Libby: 12-5 overall, 7-2 conference
3. Polson: 8-8 overall, 5-3 conference
4. Bigfork: 11-6 overall, 5-4 conference
5. Whitefish: 4-13 overall, 1-8 conference
6. Ronan: 0-16 overall, 0-8 conference
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.