The name is misleading, but I’ve been unable to find a better one to describe this deep-dish turkey pizza recipe. It’s a great dish with unexpected flavors that are perfect on a fall day after raking leaves. Very filling so a side salad is all that is needed for a great dinner.
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 large red pepper, diced
1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
fresh ground pepper
4 C. (about 1 ½ lbs) of cooked turkey breast cut in chunks
2 C. shredded Swiss cheese
1 C. mushrooms, sliced
1 pkg. (1.6 oz) mushroom soup mix
1 pkg. (16 oz) hot roll mix
• In a skillet over medium heat, sauté celery, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
• Mix the sautéed vegetable mixture with turkey, all but ¼ cheese, and soup mix.
• Preheat oven to 425 F.
• Grease a 12” casserole dish.
• Prepare hot roll mix as package directs for pizza crust. Remove 1/2 cup of dough and set aside. Place the remaining dough in casserole dish stretching to cover bottom and sides.
• Bake the dough for five minutes and remove from oven.
• Add turkey and vegetable mixture to casserole and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Roll the remaining dough into 6 strips and lay across prepared casserole in a crisscross fashion.
• Bake 25 minutes until crust is golden.
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.