The Flathead City-County Health Department will hold three H1N1 vaccination clinics this week, each in a different town.
The health department reported in a press release that they are continuing to receive adequate supplies of H1N1 vaccine. They also continued to advocate for second doses for children under 9:
The CDC recommends that all children 9 and under receive a 2nd dose of H1N1 vaccine 28 days after the first dose. Parents are encouraged to bring their children 9 and under to receive their 2nd dose if they received the vaccine on or before the dates listed below.
Here’s the clinic schedule and eligibility requirements:
• Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at the Mountain Mall in Whitefish from 3pm to 7pm
o Children 9 and under that received their 1st dose on or before October 22nd, can receive their 2nd dose
• Thursday, November 19, 2009 at Bethany Lutheran Church in Bigfork from 3pm to 7pm
o Children 9 and under that received their 1st dose on or before October 23nd, can receive their 2nd dose
• Saturday, November 22, 2009 at Flathead City-County Health Department in Kalispell from 9am to 12pm
o Children 9 and under that received their 1st dose on or before October 25nd, can receive their 2nd dose
Those eligible for vaccine at these clinics include;
• Children 9 and under who were vaccinated on or before the above mentioned dates
• Persons ages 6 months through 24 years olds
• caregivers of children under 6 months old, and
• persons over 24 years of age with chronic health disorders or compromised immune systems, prescriptions are welcomed but not necessary
As always, children must have a parent or guardian present when receiving the vaccine, or they must have a signed consent form, which can be picked up at the health department or downloaded from the health department Web site. For more info or if you’ve got questions, visit the Flathead City-County Health Department website at www.flatheadhealth.org or call the Flu Hotline at 751-8188 for any additional information.
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.