Police Blotter

Flathead County Sheriff’s and Kalispell Police Reports

Bug Spray Brute and Fight Club

By Erin Cole

Thursday 7/29

6:30 a.m. Deputies assisted with the untangling of a horse caught in a fence near Bigfork.

6:36 a.m. An animal warden investigated a lab-mix canine that had been causing problems for several days on Pheasant Drive in Kalispell.

8:30 a.m. After a man fell asleep in his truck in Lakeside, a young woman tapped on the window and woke him up. She said she had been walking for three hours and asked if she could hitch a ride to Polson. The man offered to drop her off in Kalispell but she was determined to head south and declined.

8:54 a.m. Someone combed through a vehicle parked on Parliament Drive, but nothing was reported missing.

9:04 a.m. A concrete wall in Lakeside had graffiti scrawled across it.

9:37 a.m. Several teenagers were yelling at each other on Heart Hill in Kalispell.

1:30 p.m. Someone reported a suspicious person hanging around Browns Road. The person turned out to be a census worker.

7:47 p.m. An intoxicated man was reportedly acting obnoxious at a McGregor Lake campground. Fellow campers said he was rudely demanding bug spray.

9:02 p.m. A dental office employee alerted authorities that a strange couple had entered the office earlier in the day with a small child in tow. The adults appeared to be drunk and had asked for pain medication.

9:42 p.m. Numerous men stood in a front yard on Canyon Road in Hungry Horse, while punching, yelling and hitting one another. When deputies arrived, everyone denied there was a “situation” and no one wanted to file a complaint. As deputies noted, the first rule about Fight Club is that is that you do not talk about Fight Club.

10:18 p.m. A number of people, on a boat in the middle of a lake, were drunk and consequently being very loud. The police report failed to mention which lake they were disrupting.

12:37 a.m. A Columbia Falls resident spotted a drunk driver, but the driver eluded the authorities.

1:34 a.m. A 15-year-old boy and an 18-year-old woman, who had gone on a rafting trip earlier in the day, failed to come home. The pair eventually texted that they were safe and still with the raft company.

Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.

Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.