POLSON – Finley Point fire officials say a weekend fire caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage to a house on Flathead Lake.
Fire Chief Chris Ricciardi (REE’-see-ar-dee) says the cause of the fire is still being determined, but it may have involved space heaters being used to unthaw frozen water pipes.
KERR-AM reports the fire occurred in the main residence of a Finley Point compound that included other cabins. The owners, who live in Missoula, were staying in one of the cabins when the fire started early Saturday.
Ricciardi estimated the fire caused between $350,000 and $400,000 in damage to the house.
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.