Firefighters Douse Small Apartment Fire in Kalispell

By Beacon Staff

Local firefighters extinguished a small fire inside an apartment on Second Avenue East in Kalispell Wednesday night. No injuries were reported and damage to the building is being estimated at $6,000, according to Kalispell Fire Chief Dave Dedman.

The fire started after a stovetop was left unattended, Dedman said. Kalispell firefighters responded to reports of a structure fire at the apartment complex at 228 Second Ave. E. just before 6 p.m. Firefighters performed a direct attack of the fire and kept it from escaping to other rooms and apartments, Dedman said.

Smoke alarms in the building were a “key component” in the early detection, he said.

Also assisting in the effort were officials from Evergreen Fire Department, South Kalispell Fire Department, Whitefish Fire Department and Kalispell Police Department.

Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.

Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.