The Flathead County Sheriff’s Office has released the name of a 50-year-old Olney man who died Jan. 11 in a house fire.
Norman Edward Weller was the only person in the residence when the fire claimed his life.
Flathead County Sheriff Chuck Curry said the fire appears to have been accidental.
The victim apparently was sleeping in the early morning hours when the fire was sparked by a wood-burning stove. Fire crews arrived around 4:30 a.m.
Officials say two dogs in the house escaped the fire and one is unaccounted for.
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.