Candle Sparks Kalispell House Fire

Firefighters responded to a house fire on Wyoming Street on Wednesday night

By Justin Franz

Firefighters from around Kalispell responded to a residential structure fire on Wednesday night and the initial investigation suggests an unattended candle sparked the blaze.

According to a press release from the Kalispell Fire Department, the fire was reported shortly after 9 p.m. on West Wyoming Street. By the time firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke pouring out of the house.

No one was injured in the fire but two family cats were lost in the blaze.

Fire Chief Dave Dedman said the unattended candle was the most likely culprit of the fire but the incident remains under investigation. The fire caused at least $100,000 worth of damage to the home.

Firefighters from Kalispell, Evergreen and Smith Valley all responded to the blaze.

Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.

Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.