WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS — A central Montana man escaped serious injury when he was thrown from his mobile home in a propane explosion that destroyed the house.
Meagher County Disaster and Emergency Services Coordinator Rick Seidlitz says the man reported waking up in a snow bank Wednesday.
Officials aren’t sure when the explosion happened or how long the man might have been unconscious after being thrown 15 to 20 feet (4.5 to 6 meters) by the blast.
Seidlitz says the man had to walk for 5 to 10 minutes without any shoes on to get to the phone he used to call 911 at around 6:20 a.m.
The house was reduced to a tin roof with a bit of debris underneath. Some debris caught fire.
The man was treated at the hospital and released. Seidlitz did not release his name.
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.