The Beacon staff will continue to update this list of known closures and cancellations due to the arctic storm. Email [email protected] with additional information we may have missed.
Please follow Flathead County for county road conditions, and the Montana Department of Transportation road conditions report page for current conditions.
- Hodgson Road was closed Thursday between Trumble Creek and Whitefish Stage.
- Four Mile Drive was closed Thursday between Stillwater and West Springcreek Road.
Whitefish Mountain Resort
- All lifts and terrain at Whitefish Mountain Resort will be closed on Friday, Jan. 12.
- IFSA Freestyle Competition canceled this weekend.
School-Related Closures and Cancellations
- All public and private schools in the Flathead Valley will be closed on Friday, Jan. 12. The Evergreen School District and OneSchool Global will be operating with remote learning. For up-to-date information, visit the Flathead County Superintendent of Schools website.
- Flathead Valley Community College’s Kalispell and Lincoln County campuses will be closed on Friday, Jan. 12.
- The Libby Public Schools will be closed on Friday, Jan. 12.
- The Browning Public Schools will have a remote learning day Friday, Jan. 12.
- Flathead High School basketball games vs. Big Sky are cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- Flathead High School play has been rescheduled for Tuesday.
- Glacier High School wrestling duals are canceled.
- Agency on Aging dining room on 11th street in Kalispell will be closed Friday. They have signs up and social media posts stating they will not be serving lunch; however, if someone does show up, they are prepared to provide them a take-home meal.
- Meals on Wheels will not be delivering food Friday. All recipients have been called/notified, and drivers are taking extra meals today on their deliveries. We would like to encourage our residents to check in on the elderly during this dangerous cold.
- The 4H Food Tasting at the Fairgrounds is canceled.
- Hockaday Museum of Art Exhibit Preview Receptions is postponed to Feb. 1.
- The Glacier Challenge, which is an annual regional gymnastics competition, is canceled.
- All Montana Coffee Traders locations are closed Friday.
Stay Connected with the Daily Roundup.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the best of the Beacon delivered every day to your inbox.